Awakened Living Program – Overview
How do we wake up to all of who we are, the light and the shadow, and what we are meant to do here? How do we embrace our wholeness, and then harness it towards creating a rich, fulfilling, and meaningful life of making a difference, flourishing, and thriving?
Awakening is about seeing, accepting, and owning each part of us through being with ourselves with curiousity, compassion, loving kindness, commitment, and grace. Everything is related, everything belongs. There is no part of ourselves we can cut out. As our capacity to inquire and become aware increases, we develop the strength to look at our brightest light and our darkest shadows, integrating them into who we are becoming.
There are programs and then there are “programs.” Awakened Living falls under the latter. As far back as I can remember, I've always had a burning desire to better understand who I am at my core - a mystery to solve, a code to crack. Awakened Living came at a time when I was ready to take a leap of faith, question all that I assumed to be true and surrender previously held beliefs and old ways of being that no longer served me. I sensed a longing of my soul to come home, a vague memory of a distant place I couldn't remember and couldn't forget, where lies the truth of what I already am, both the shadow and the light. This year long journey felt very much like a “shedding of the skin,” with one layer peeling off after the other, until what emerged was my very essence, true and pure. Throughout this entire process, Simon, Kira, and Alison were by my side every step of the way, offering their unconditional commitment, love, and acceptance. This program is one of a kind, unique, magical, exquisite, in a league of its own. Anything less wouldn't do it justice!
I just finished the awakening program. I remember saying to myself, “I have a great life but I just need a small adjustment to have a meaningful life” and then program started, and it was a rollercoaster ride for a whole year. Awakened Living Program is not counselling or coaching; it is a conscious or unconscious state when you are ready to move-on and letting go what is not working to create the life you aspire to have. It is a real awakening to bring to the surface the whole full truth. If you are ready to look deep down to yourself and you are ready for a real awakening and transformation, you will be supported by Simon, Kira and Alison to an amazing program.
Awakened Living is a yearlong transformative journey, inquiring into the core essence of who you are. It is a deep inquiry program, guiding participants to peel the layers of who they think they are, uncovering the true essence of their Self, and bringing it to the world.
The program is grounded in the Enneagram as a map for awakening. It also incorporates self-inquiry, somatic wisdom, deep coaching, adult learning principles, indigenous and Eastern teachings, and expressive arts (to name some of the modalities we use).
The program runs in small and intimate cohorts, with presence, love, guidance, and support by your program facilitators (Alison van Buuren/Lee, Kira MacDuffee and Simon Goland), who are unequivocally committed to your awakening. We will create and maintain a rich, challenging, and supportive container for this process.
The program consists of 4 consecutive modules:
- Module 1: Bright Light, exploring you at your brightest, vibrant, and grounded self.
- Module 2: Clear Shadow, diving deep into Shadow Work, peeling the layers of personality and defense mechanisms.
- Module 3: Right Livelihood focuses on our purpose and vocation, mirroring the journeys of the Right Livelihood Quest.
- Module 4: Purposeful Flame looks at integrating all the learning and insights into your full expression in the world.
Each module is 3 months long, and consists of the following 3 phases:
- Preparation: 3.5 weeks virtual guided process (webinars, online dialogues, contemplative practices)
- Residential Retreat: 3 days of a face-to-face experience (Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon)
- Integration: 2 months virtual guided process (webinars, online dialogues, contemplative practices, individual coaching sessions with program facilitators)
To embark on this journey with us, you need to say YES to the following:
- I am ready to commit to a deep, evoking, and transformative yearlong journey.
- I am willing and “hungry” to dive into a rich and diverse process that will bring up both beauty and challenges.
- I am ready to engage fully, without holding back, into my own inquiry and also be a supporter to my cohort members.
- I have a contemplative/reflective practice (journalling, meditation), or, at the very least, I am ready to start exploring one that would resonate. Having one as you go through the program is a mandatory requirement. We are more than happy to share our experience and resources that can be of help for you here.